Cremation SocietyFinal Arrangements Made Simple

Q. How does the Cremation Society work?

A. The Cremation Society is notified immediately at the time of death. Then the deceased is transported to the Society's crematory. The death certificate can be signed by the attending physician and/or medical examiner. The permit is then secured, and the deceased is cremated.

Q. May I pre-pay the cremation costs?

A. Yes, and you receive a guarantee that this is all you will ever pay for your Direct Cremation (payment of current county fees will be required). At the time of death, the Society retains the principal plus interest, in consideration for your guarantee.

Q. What happens if the death occurs while out of Riverside County, or the state?

A. CS provides services for Riverside County as well as Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, Orange County, San Diego County, and Imperial County. We also offer return assured coverage to assist your family with making arrangements in the state in which you pass away.

Q. Are there any other fees payable?

A. Yes, a county permit for disposition is required by law. Certified copies of the death certificate are issued by the County Health Department. There is also a DCA fee, and cemetery fees if applicable.

Q. Is embalming required?

A. No. With the Cremation Society's modern facilities, the body does not have to be embalmed, unless the deceased is to be prepared for viewing.

Q. Will my cremation take place if I have no survivors?

A. Yes, by pre-arranging with the Cremation Society, your final request for cremation will be assured.

Q. How can CSRC maintain such low package prices?

A. We purchase quality name products direct from the manufacturers and contract with established industry professionals for all technical service and facilities. We have no expensive facility or employee overhead to maintain and that savings is passed directly on to you.

Q. What happens to the ashes after cremation?

A. Your cremated body (ashes) will be handled according to your written instructions. They may be returned to your survivors, scattered at sea or over certain designated land areas, or buried at the cemetery of your choice.

Q. May I change my instructions in the future?

A. Yes. You may change any instructions you wish by just contacting us.

Q. Is an urn needed?

A. Yes, although urns are not required by law, we do suggest purchasing a durable urn for the protection of your loved ones remains.

Q. Is the Cremation Society licensed by the state of California? 

A. Yes. The Cremation Society has a "Funeral Directors License." This is the same permit used to license every mortuary in the state of California.

© Copyright  2010-2017 Cremation Society and FuneralNet®

Home     •     Contact Us

Need Help? 800-922-7773

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Frequently Asked Questions